I have been cooking potato casserole for my family for all major holidays like Christmas and Thanksgiving for as long as I can remember. It’s a complex dish and does require some time to make, but as Mr. Food would say, “It’s Oh So Good!” It doesn’t matter how much of this I make; it’s gone either the same day or within at max two days. My entire family loves to eat it, and that makes all the time spent making even more worth it. In honor of National Potato Day, I decided to make up a to share it with you all.Please pin this image onto your favorite food board so you always have it. THANK YOU!
- 5 lbs of potatoes
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 2 lbs of Shredded Cheese
- [img src=”https://www.tidbitsofexperience.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Potato-Casserole-2-.jpg” width=”730″ height=”547″ class=”aligncenter size-full” title=”This easy homemade Potato Casserole Recipe is sure to be one that your family will love!” alt=”This easy homemade Potato Casserole Recipe is sure to be one that your family will love!”]
- -Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- -Make potatoes like you do to make mashed potatoes but don’t let them get completely soft.
- -Drain and put a layer of potatoes down into casserole dish
- -Then add layer of shredded cheese
- -They add 1/3 cup of milk
- -Then add another layer of potatoes
- -Add layer of cheese
- -Then top with honey
- -Bake it for 30 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Note: If you want to turn it into a meal you can add your favorite meat to it. We use smoked sausage cut up into little pieces. To us, it’s a perfect combination.
I hope your family loves this recipe as much as mine does. It’s a bit time consuming, but it truly is an easy homemade potato casserole to make.
What is your favorite potato dish to enjoy on National Potato Day?