Long ago I started doing wax paper star with my children. They really loved it. Now my grandchildren will make them and I hope they pass it one to their children. It’s really simple to do these, and they look really sharp as added decorations throughout the house or on your trees. We added these to our Pinecone Peppermint and Chocolate Center Piece.
- Safety scissors
- Elmer’s glue
- Glitter all colors
- Wax paper
- Roll out the wax paper
- Cut the size of paper you want to use.
- Squeeze out Elmer’s glue in the form of star (or other ornament.)
- Then you take your glitter and shake it all over the glue covering the glue well.
- Shake the extra glitter off.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Let it set for 24 hours to dry.
- Then you carefully pull off wax paper.
- Hang on your Christmas tree or other places.
This concept can be used for various holiday decorations. However, I’ve found it to be really fun at Christmas time the most since you’ve already got the wax paper out when you’re baking cookies. It’s simple to make these and beautiful to look at.
Have you done this before with your kids?