When I was growing up crafts was a big deal. We made all kinds of different crafts for Christmas decorations. It was a lot of fun to make Christmas crafts and I can remember being proud of all of the things we made together. I love being able to pass on these traditions with my grand kids. I hope you’ll enjoy making them with your kids and grand kids too. This simple Christmas craft for kids to make and it is very cheap to make. I got most of my supplies at Dollar Tree and Fred’s. Cheap isn’t always necessarily bad! I love to save money when I can!
- foam board
- light green felt paper
- dark green felt paper
- little ornaments (we choose bows and little drums)
- little bows for wrapping little presents
- wrapping paper
- piece of string
- glue gun and sticks
- scrap boxes to cut up for gifts
- Brown construction paper.
- Take 3 sheets of light green felt paper and then turn them into 21 strips. (Cut vertically.)
- Take those strips and turn them into circles.
- Then cut the foam board into an 18 inch board.
- Take the dark sheets of felt paper and cover the white board.
- Then take the circles and lay them out to make a tree. (one circle, then two circles, then three circles, etc.)
- Then glue decorations in each circle.
- Then glue bows on the tree on the circles to your hearts desire.
- Then roll up the brown construction paper and make a tree trunk.
- Then you cut up your scrap boxes and then you wrap them and put the bows on it.
I hope you like this simple craft. It’s a lot of fun to make and many people like looking at it.
What is your favorite Christmas craft to make?