Since we are VeggieTales ambassadors, we were thrilled to have the chance to review What’s In The Bible? Buck Denver Asks…Why Do We Call it Christmas? thanks to Flyby Promotions. This movie is a great family movie to watch with your kids to help answer some of the tough questions that tend to come up during the holiday season.
Editorial Notes on the Movie
You’re invited to the Party of the year…an educational, informational, Christmical kind-of party! Join VeggieTales and What’s in the Bible? creator Phil Vischer and his friends from the popular What’s in the Bible? series Buck Denver, Captain Pete, Sunday School Lady, Clive and Ian for the most unusual Christmas party ever! We know Christmas is one of everyone’s favorite holidays. But have you ever wondered why we celebrate the birth of Jesus by chopping down trees and putting them in our houses? Or why we hang stockings by the fire? Or how Santa Claus became such a big part of Jesus’ birthday party? And why do we even call it “Christmas,” anyway? You’ve probably heard the Christmas story – but have you ever heard the story of Christmas?
• Why is it called “Christmas?”
• Why do we celebrate on Dec. 25th?
• What year was Jesus really born?
• What do Christmas trees have to do with Jesus?
• What about Santa Claus? Where did he come from?
• Which came first – Christmas or Hanukah? And which one did Jesus celebrate?
• What are the “12 Days of Christmas?”
• How does the name “Emmanuel” explain the real meaning of Chrsitmas?
Our Family Movie Review
This is a quick video family movie review from Delbert.
Win Your Own Copy
One lucky reader can win their own copy of this movie by filling out the Giveaway Tool. Be sure to read the terms and conditions.