I don’t know about you, but cleaning is not something that I look forward to doing. I love to see the end results of my efforts, but getting started is a drag. Not to mention, the cost of cleaning products is just getting higher with each passing day. I decided it was time to make a roundup of some of the top 30 cleaning hacks to make your life easier as well as mine. I am always trying to remember these neat tricks, but end up having to look it up again. This way it’s all in one location! I hope these cleaning hacks help you too, but worst case, you can always hire cleaning services to take care of this stuff. I know I’ve been tempted…
Top 30 Cleaning Hacks
- Soaking your broom and toothbrushes in salt water can help liven them up.
- Salt can help you break up burnt stuff off of pots and pans or other surfaces.
- Did you know salt can help you clean your fridge easier? It’s because the salt grains will help your break down the dirt and grime without harming your glass shelves.
- Salt water helps keep the weeds at bay.
- Putting salt in the bottom of your shoes helps remove some of the odor.
- Keep your sink drains grease free by adding salt and hot water down the drain.
- Remove the nasty stains off the bottom of coffee pots with a bit of salty water.
- Reduce splattering when you’re cooking with greasy foods by adding a bit of salt to the bottom of the pan before you start cooking.
- Remove those pesky sweat stains by giving the stains a salty sponge bath.
- A ball of aluminum foil makes a great scrub brush for cleaning dishes.
- Did you know you can clean your dishwasher with Lemon Koolaid?
- Add wax paper to your fridge and counter shelves for easy clean up.
- Shaving cream is good for cleaning up glue and marker stains off of tabletop surfaces.
- Clean the bottom of your iron with toothpaste to remove the nasty black buildup.
- Clean your stainless steel by putting a bit of olive oil on a soft towel and rubbing it on your appliances.
- Clean your windows with equal parts water and white vinegar for beautiful streak-free windows.
- Use white vinegar to clean silverware.
- An equal combination of salt and vinegar cleans pewter and brass.
- Get rid of moldy stains by spraying it with white vinegar.
- Baking soda will help keep your grill grates clean and shiny.
- Clean brushes and combs by a soaking solution of 1 tsp. baking soda and 4 cups warm water.
- You can also use newspaper to help clean windows.
- Use lemon and salt to clean a wooden cutting board
- Letting baking soda sit on your sofas and then vacuuming it up will make your sofa look new.
- Clean your toilet with Coca-Cola.
- Clean your computer and TV screens with coffee filters.
- Use chalk to remove greasy stains from clothes.
- Deep clean around your water faucets with dish soap, vinegar, and lemon juice.
- Remove rust stains with a mixture of cream of tartar and lemon juice.
- Lemon and orange peels are great for cleaning garbage disposals.
Which cleaning hack do you use the most?
This post is part of a Blog Hop from Blogs and Business: Moms Who Do it All Facebook Group.
Check out some of the other awesome blog posts below: