I don’t know about you, but cleaning is not something that I look forward to doing. I love to see the end results of my efforts, but getting started is a drag. Not to mention, the cost of cleaning products is just getting higher with each passing day. I decided it was time to make a roundup of some of the top 30 cleaning hacks to make your life easier as well as mine. I am always trying to remember these neat tricks, but end up having to look it up again. This way it’s all in one location!
I hope these cleaning hacks help you too, but worst case, you can always hire cleaning services to take care of this stuff. Ideal Cleaning and other companies like this provide periodic deep cleans and health checks for living areas and cooking spaces, meaning that you will spend a lot less time on upkeep (and worrying over general hygiene).
Top 30 Cleaning Hacks
- Soaking your broom and toothbrushes in salt water can help liven them up.
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B007SNJ98G” locale=”US” tag=”tidbitofexp-20″]Salt[/easyazon_link] can help you break up burnt stuff off of pots and pans or other surfaces.
- Did you know salt can help you clean your fridge easier? It’s because the salt grains will help your break down the dirt and grime without harming your glass shelves.
- Salt water helps keep the weeds at bay.
- Putting salt in the bottom of your shoes helps remove some of the odor.
[Tweet “Don’t miss these 30 Cleaning Hacks to make your life easier. #lifehacks via @SLM016”]
- Keep your sink drains grease free by adding salt and hot water down the drain.
- Remove the nasty stains off the bottom of coffee pots with a bit of salty water.
- Reduce splattering when you’re cooking with greasy foods by adding a bit of salt to the bottom of the pan before you start cooking.
- Remove those pesky sweat stains by giving the stains a salty sponge bath.
- A ball of [easyazon_link identifier=”B00M8ZEAW4″ locale=”US” tag=”tidbitofexp-20″]aluminum foil[/easyazon_link] makes a great scrub brush for cleaning dishes.
- Did you know you can clean your dishwasher with Lemon Koolaid?
- Add wax paper to your fridge and counter shelves for easy clean up.
- Shaving cream is good for cleaning up glue and marker stains off of tabletop surfaces.
- Clean the bottom of your iron with toothpaste to remove the nasty black buildup.
- Clean your stainless steel by putting a bit of olive oil on a soft towel and rubbing it on your appliances.
- Clean your windows with equal parts water and white vinegar for beautiful streak-free windows.
- Use [easyazon_link identifier=”B000RO08L0″ locale=”US” tag=”tidbitofexp-20″]white vinegar[/easyazon_link] to clean silverware.
- An equal combination of salt and vinegar cleans pewter and brass.
- Get rid of moldy stains by spraying it with white vinegar.
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B002SKVZIQ” locale=”US” tag=”tidbitofexp-20″]Baking soda[/easyazon_link] will help keep your grill grates clean and shiny.
- Clean brushes and combs by a soaking solution of 1 tsp. baking soda and 4 cups warm water.
- You can also use newspaper to help clean windows.
- Use lemon and salt to clean a wooden cutting board
- Letting baking soda sit on your sofas and then vacuuming it up will make your sofa look new.
- Clean your toilet with Coca-Cola.
- Clean your computer and TV screens with [easyazon_link identifier=”B001UBNRH6″ locale=”US” tag=”tidbitofexp-20″]coffee filters[/easyazon_link].
- Use chalk to remove greasy stains from clothes.
- Deep clean around your water faucets with dish soap, vinegar, and lemon juice.
- Remove rust stains with a mixture of cream of tartar and lemon juice.
- Lemon and orange peels are great for cleaning garbage disposals.
Which cleaning hack do you use the most?
This post is part of a Blog Hop from Blogs and Business: Moms Who Do it All Facebook Group.
Check out some of the other awesome blog posts below:
I’m an SC wife and homeschooling mother to three kids and a dog. My family loves to share our life experiences with you one blog post at a time at Tidbits of Experience so that you can make the most of yours. We enjoy telling you about products and services that will make your life better in some way.