I know you’re probably thinking how in the world can you save your marriage using only Christmas gifts. Truth be told, the gifts themselves can’t save it, but they can certainly be the ice breakers you may need to get your marriage back on track. I’m a romantic at heart and believe in the holiday season being a time of miraculous opportunities.
A well thought out set of Christmas gifts can show your under appreciated spouse just how much they mean to you. If you play your cards just right, it can help you remember the good times before life became so hectic and crazy. In some cases, it can help you make new memories worth hanging onto for the rest of your life. Regardless, the main objective to save your marriage using only Christmas gifts is to rekindle those loving embers in your relationship.
12 Days of Saving Your Marriage Using Only Christmas Gifts:
- Spend Time in Prayer. Prayer does truly work. Plenty of miracles have happened as a result of people praying to God for guidance and support. Also request that others pray with you too.
- Send her some flowers. I would suggest Flowers for Everyone roses because they have a nice wide selection of beautiful flowers at reasonable prices. My personal favorite is the Willy Wonka Roses. This lets her know she’s on your mind.
- Make her a CD of music. Music has a way of speaking feelings when you’re struggling to express yourself on your own. You could either create a CD filled with songs that express how you feel with their lyrics. (Also, if you have songs that you both consider your songs, be sure to include them!) You could create one filled with her favorite songs. You could also make a CD with music designed to help her achieve her goals. ( If she’s working out more to lose weight, gather songs perfect for working out more.)
- Plan a Romantic Date. This doesn’t have to be expensive. Just make sure you’re able to give him/her undivided attention during your time together.
- Take on the 40 Day Challenge. There are plenty of 40 Day challenges to jump on that will at the very least enhance your marriage. I personally am a fan of the Love Dare and the Respect Dare ones.
- This one is pretty hard to give. However, it’s been proven time and time again that the ONLY person you’re hurting when you harbor anger against another is yourself. Remember NO ONE can change the actions that they’ve already done.
- Support their dreams. Every person I know whether want to admit it or not has a dream of something they’ve always wanted to do. Help them make theirs a reality in some form. Maybe it’s time to revamp how the household is run by assigning chores to everyone or taking on less commitments outside the home.
- Serve Your Spouse. One of Del’s favorite things to get from me is my willingness to serve his requests for an entire day. I’m NOT allowed to tell him NO for anything he requests from me. It shows him that I trust him to not abuse that privilege and for him, he gets to feel like a King.
- Create a photo album. We snap photos for social media all the time now. Now it’s time to create a photo album for your spouse showing him/her all the things that make you think of them in a POSITIVE manner. (IE. Think about your first date, take a picture of it to remind them that you remember if it’s close enough to you. It could be a picture of her favorite ice cream or store. Think along those lines.)
- Turn your bedroom into a Fantasy Suite. If keeping the passion alive in your marriage is an issue, consider turning your bedroom into a fantasy suite. Changing the atmosphere of your bedroom can make a real difference.
- Do something they enjoy that they know you dislike. This simple gesture can do a lot to help bring you closer. (I am willing to bank you did this a lot when you were dating. Bring the fresh feelings back by doing this gesture.)
- Marriage Retreat. If all else fails, consider going to a marriage retreat. There is a long list of resources available to consider.
What is another gift that I should have added to this list?