Choosing the perfect gifts for the people you love is never an easy task, but you’ll definitely put a smile on their faces if you take them for a surprise Christmas getaway. Christmas is the perfect time to go on vacation because people have time off work and a duty to splash out on the family, and there are many great destinations in Western Australia to choose from. Of course, choosing the perfect location when there’s so many on offer is no simple task, but as long as you do your research, you’ll be able to find somewhere that has something offer everyone.
From quaint accommodation in Broome to luxury hotels in the city centre of Perth, there really are so many great holiday destinations in this wonderful state. However, if you really want to create an unforgettable holiday, you might want to head somewhere a little different to the norm. To help kick your brain into gear, this article will detail some favourite hotspots in Western Australia. One of them is bound to be perfect for you and your family, and there are also plenty of romantic destinations for couples.
Fantastic Holiday Destinations in Western Australia
Whether you’re an avid adventurer or the type of person who prefers to relax on the beach, Western Australia has something for everybody. Here are 10 of the most popular destinations:
- Perth – Starting with the most obvious, Perth is Western Australia’s largest city and boasts high-end restaurants, a stunning skyline and a countless number of things to do.
- Margaret River – Head to Margaret River if whale-watching, amazing wine tours and historic caves tickle your fancy.
- Broome – Broome is home to white sandy beaches, exciting camel rides and pearling opportunities. For a great hotel idea, head to http://www.broometimeaccommodation.com.au/
- Exmouth – Perfect for the animal lover, Exmouth is home to the Ningaloo Reef, whale sharks and turtles. The whole family will love a trip to this fabulous destination.
- Rottnest Island – If you want to get away from the mainland, you’ll love a trip to Rottnest Island, which boasts a historic lighthouse, whale-watching opportunities and exciting snorkelling adventures.
- Karijini National Park – This destination is a must-go for the avid explorer, and while you’re here, you’ll enjoy views of canyons, natural landscapes and waterfalls.
- Shark Bay – Shark Bay is a great place for spotting sharks and dolphins, and its lagoons and beaches are out of this world.
- Purnululu National Park – This heavily protected area boasts breathtaking views or arid savannah.
- Coral Bay – Another great destination for whale watching and snorkelling.
- Kalbarri – If you want to see some pelicans and walk around a wonderful national park, you can’t go wrong by visiting Kalbarri.
Unforgettable Holidays for Christmas
Sometimes, it’s experiences that mean more to people than material gifts, so you should definitely consider taking the family on holiday this Christmas. Of course, there are many more great destinations in the state of Western Australia, but the ones listed above promise to impress.