It’s well known that a good and healthy family life will always depend on a balanced diet.
Sometimes it is difficult to find a dish that is both nutritious. To the taste of the household members, and even more so for children, since at a young age, they are not yet able to develop a taste for healthy foods such as vegetables and certain meats.
We, as parents, try to make our children eat certain foods such as rice or pasta, adding sauces like ketchup to make them more delicious to their palate.
If you want your kids to start eating healthy, you can offer them a Peruvian cuisine dish. This cuisine style has dishes that mix many flavors: causa a la limeña, papas a la huancaína, or mazamorra morada are some of the most famous.
For this post, we bring you a delicious chifa-style recipe from Peru: Aeropuerto chifa.
Today you will learn a little about this cuisine, considered a world cultural heritage with which, through this dish, you will know the flavors and benefits it can offer for you and your family.
If you want to try more chifa dishes like this one, visit carolinarice.com/recipes/arroz-chaufa/ to make a delicious Arroz Chaufa and taste the best flavors of Peruvian cuisine.
Aeropuerto: a signature dish of Peruvian chifa cuisine
Aeropuerto is a popular food in Peru that consists of fried noodles with vegetables, eggs, and chicken, all seasoned with soy sauce and cooked in oil. Although this meal is usually made with chicken, it can also include beef, pork, seafood, fish, alligator, or jerky.
As you can see, this meal is mainly made of animal meat available in Peru and has been part of the typical menu of many Peruvians since the beginning of the 20th century.
How healthy is today’s recipe for our health?
Today, we’re going to show you an Aeropuerto recipe, whose main ingredients are noodles, rice, and chicken breast. Below, we’ll list some benefits that each of these ingredients can offer to your health:
Chicken breast is one of the most healthy, natural, and affordable foods. It may seem like a bland ingredient with little flavor, but this food can become your favorite with a good marinade.
It is a low-fat food, so it is an excellent ally for slimming diets since it has only 3.4 g of fat per 100-gram serving.
Chicken breast contains abundant proteins and amino acids that are fundamental for growth and other essential functions of our body: 100 grams of chicken breast contains 20.6 grams of protein.
Some noodles, like pasta, are made from wheat, while others are made from rice. Both provide certain benefits, such as the absence of gluten, which makes them a perfect alternative for people with celiac disease.
Also, noodles have more protein than other cereals, in addition to minerals such as phosphorus, iron, or potassium; they are rich in fiber and vitamins and low in sodium.
They are a great source of carbohydrates, providing 350 calories per hundred grams, as well as a good source of fiber to improve gastrointestinal processes.
Rice is a good source of protein and mainly B vitamins, such as niacin, riboflavin, folic acid, and thiamine. Among the properties of rice, it is worth mentioning that it is a fat and cholesterol-free food.
Also, rice is an excellent Omega-3 and vitamin D source, but its most important contribution is carbohydrates.
- 1 chicken breast.
- 1/2 lb. of cooked Chinese noodles.
- 2 cups of cooked rice without salt.
- 4 beaten eggs.
- 7 oz. of Chinese beans.
- 1 cup of chopped Chinese onion.
- 4 tbsp. of soy sauce.
- 1 tbsp. of sesame oil.
- 1 tsp. of sugar.
- 1 tsp. of ginger.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- The first thing to do is to make the omelet. Pour 2 tablespoons of oil in a hot wok and place the previously beaten egg. Fry on both sides without overcooking. Then remove, cut into strips, and set aside.
- Then cut the chicken breast into small squares. Also, cut the Chinese onion and wash the Chinese beans.
- In the same wok, pour some oil and fry the chicken. Add 1 tsp of Chinese onion and Chinese beans. Let it fry for a minute.
- Add 2 tbsp of soy sauce, ginger, and sugar. Mix everything very well. Add the rice and stir again until everything is perfectly integrated.
- Add the Chinese noodles and the remaining 2 tbsp of soy sauce. Mix and check the seasoning. Add the egg strips, the rest of the Chinese onion, and the sesame oil. Stir well and remove from the heat.
- Serve very hot.