Due to my allergies and new current health issues, it’s hard to find meals that we can eat as a family that are affordable and healthy. We posted about my beloved Easy Poor Man Chicken Pot Pie last week and it was such a huge hit that I figured you may be interested in learning some of our other family favorite meals. We are going to be sharing our easy picky eater recipes with you for a while. We have our full menu lined up in hopes that you’ll enjoy trying out some of these with your own family. Some of these meals truly are a country thing, but some are going to be loved by anybody. This pork fried rice is loved by everyone in our family to the point that there isn’t even a grain of rice left on anyone’s plate when we eat it.
- Uncooked Pork chops cut up into cubes
- Success Rice 3 bags PRECOOKED and in frig for at least two hours PRIOR to making the pork chops
- Heinz Worcestershire Sauce
- [url href=”undefined”][img src=”https://www.tidbitsofexperience.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Picky-Eater-Recipes-Pork-Fried-Rice-Ingredients-324×500.jpg” width=”324″ height=”500″ class=”aligncenter size-medium” title=”Picky Eater Recipes Pork Fried Rice Ingredients”][/url]
- 3 Eggs Beaten WELL to the point that it’s bubbly (like in picture)[url href=”undefined”][img src=”https://www.tidbitsofexperience.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Proper-Way-to-Make-Eggs-500×459.jpg” width=”500″ height=”459″ class=”aligncenter size-medium” title=”Proper Way to Make Eggs”][/url]
- Garlic sauce
- Little Bit of Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of water
- Pam Spray
- Precook your Success Rice per directions AT LEAST two hours ahead of time and put them in the frig in bag to get cold.
- Then cut up the pork chops into little cubes or pieces (choice is yours) using [url href=”https://www.tidbitsofexperience.com/good-cooks-knive-set-review-and-giveaway/” target=”_blank” title=”Good Cooks Knive Set Review and Giveaway”]Good Cook knives [/url]makes it a lot easier.
- Spray your pan with Pam Spray then cook Pork Chop cubes until done. Be sure to add your spices to the pork chops while you’re cooking them.
- While they are cooking stir up your eggs until they are mixed to a strong yellow color and full of bubbles. (Hint: This creates soft fluffy eggs (and omelets.))
- Once pork chop pieces are cooked move them to the side and put two tablespoons of vegetable oil in the pan that is clear and add eggs.
- [url href=”undefined”][img src=”https://www.tidbitsofexperience.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Pork-Pieces-and-Eggs–500×407.jpg” width=”500″ height=”407″ class=”aligncenter size-medium” title=”Pork Pieces and Eggs”][/url]
- Once all of that is cooked well and mixed in together, add the three bags of rice on top of it.
- Then generously put Heinz Worcestershire Sauce all over the rice.
- [url href=”undefined”][img src=”https://www.tidbitsofexperience.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Worcestershire-Sauce–500×475.jpg” width=”500″ height=”475″ class=”aligncenter size-medium” title=”Worcestershire Sauce”][/url]
- Add a 1/2 cup of water all over it all.
- Then mix it all up and cook for about 20-25 more minutes.
As you can see from the image below, my kids sure do love this recipe. In our home only the boys are the picky eaters, but it’s nice when we have a meal that feeds all of us and my parents.
What is one picky eater recipe your family enjoys eating together?
8 comments on “Picky Eater Recipes: Pork Fried Rice”
I’ll try this recipe out for the weekend! Looks delicious!
Looks great. I love things my kids will eat too! I have a few things that the whole family likes but not that many 🙂
I am going to try this recipe, looks so good!!
We love pork fried rice around here. Definitely going to give this one a try!
As a mom to picky kids, I am looking forward to trying this recipe! Looks delicious and easy to make! Thanks so much for sharing. Pinning for sure!
Thank you. I’d love to hear how they liked it after you make it. Thanks for sharing.
Never ate pork-fried rice before or even heard of it either. Looks good and seems so easy to make. Picky eaters seem to like food that is mixed together or casseroles.
I can’t believe you’ve never heard of pork fried rice. Don’t you eat Chinese food at all?