Growing up my Mom and I use to go on organized trail rides and we would camp out for the weekend. We would look at other people’s campsites in amazement and wonder because they would have better things than us. We were really blessed to be invited to join others to savor in their campsite setups.
Now my family and I have been richly blessed to review many wonderful products to ensure that our family can have a superb camping experience. I couldn’t wait to share them with you too! There are some things on this list that we didn’t get to review personally but are on our wish list after much research. There is another long list of things that comes to mind that I feel I should add to this post too, but I don’t want to overload you at once.Please pin this image so others can check out these camping trip essentials.
Your Camping Essentials List
Note: ALL information is obtained from Amazon! (My official reviews on the items I got to review ARE on Amazon.) If you click on the name of the item, it will take you to Amazon. Should you decide to buy something we will earn a small commission at NO ADDITIONAL charge to you.
Coleman 8- Person Tent – Wish List Item
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B001TSCF96″ locale=”US” src=”https://www.tidbitsofexperience.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/31vEUb6M52L.jpg” tag=”tidbitofexp-20″ width=”500″]
- Family camping tent can accommodate eight campers; measures 17 by 10 feet with a 72-inch center height
- Included room dividers allow you to create three separate rooms
- Coleman’s exclusive Weather Tec System is guaranteed to keep you dry from unexpected wet weather on your camping trip
- Tent setup is easy with its shock-corded poles and easy-to-follow assembly instructions; includes separate storage bags for tent, poles, and stakes
- Cool-Air port and Variflo adjustable venting system allows you to adjust airflow and access gear
[easyazon_link identifier=”B00177BQJE” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”tidbitofexp-20″ cart=”n”]Blow-Up Queen Mattress[/easyazon_link]– Wish List Item
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B00FAW4O0A” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” src=”https://www.tidbitsofexperience.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/41DbzhKtrNL.jpg” tag=”tidbitofexp-20″ width=”500″]
- Location, temperature, and humidity will affect the firmness of the airbed.
- Airbeds will need to be occasionally re-inflated (topped off) to maintain desired firmness when used for more than a few days as vinyl tends to relax over time.
- Measurements will vary based on the way in which the customer inflates the airbed. Airbeds are measured from the widest point including the beams (bulges) on the side and off the tallest point from the floor including built-in pillows
- Queen-sized inflatable mattress with quality-tested 21.2-gauge waterproof flocked top 15-gauge vinyl beams, sides, and bottoms for added stability while you sleep
- Built-in, high-powered electric pump makes mattress easy to inflate and deflate
- Customizable comfort level; 600-pound capacity; includes duffel bag for storage
- Fits queen size fitted sheets; measures 82 x 18 x 64 inches (WxHxD); 90-day warranty
LED Lantern – Got to Review
- This is Ultra Bright – for its size this will be the brightest LED lantern you own
- Very Efficient, low power consumption requires only 3 x AA batteries which are readily available.
- Highly portable, 0.4 Lb and very small (6″ height, 3″ width and depth), you can carry more than one in a backpack
- Super simple to operate, you could switch this on in the dark, ideal for a blackout situation.
- Solid construction, made from tough and light durable materials and great for outdoors and travelling.
Blue Outdoor Charcoal BBQ Grill – Got to Review
- Perfect for grilling steaks, sausages, chicken wings, ribs, lamb and fish
- It’s ideal for camping; garden; backyard
- Portable; lightweight; foldable; metal material
- Easy to install and disassemble
- Measures: 13.78″ x 10.63″ x 7.87″/35cm x 27cm x 20cm
Coleman Camping Chair – Wish List
- Built-in arm rest cooler holds up to four cans
- Mesh cup holder keeps a fifth drink at hand
- Storage pocket to keep magazines and personal items
- Adjustable arm rest heights
- Durable construction, heavy-duty steel frame supports up to 300 lbs.
- Compact, folds up to fit inside most car trunks
- Carry bag for easy transport and storage
- Unfolded Dimensions: 24 in. x 37 in. x 40.5 in | 1-year limited warranty
Coleman 62 qt. Xtreme Cooler – Wish List
- 62-quart wheeled cooler ideal for camping, tailgating, picnicking, and more
- Stores ice for 5 days at exterior temperatures of up to 90 degrees F
- Holds 85 beverage cans with ice; 4 stay-put beverage holders on top
- All-terrain wheels and easy-grasp tow handle for easy transport
- Includes durable plastic exterior; measures 31.125 x 17 x 15.875 inches (W x H x D)
Camping Tableware Set – Wish List
- High quality durable steel with a double-coated blue glazed enamel finish
- Lightweight and compact
- Ideal for camping, recreational vehicles or home use
- Brilliant stainless steel edges
Stainless Cups – Got to Review
- ✔ DRINK WITHOUT TOXINS – Each Pratico Outdoor’s Clean Steel cup is made from premium food-grade 18/8 stainless steel which means NO BPA and NO TOXINS
- ✔ STRONG AND DURABLE – Each Clean Steel cup is electropolished to add additional rust protection and is reyclable, super strong, and dishwasher safe. Guaranteed to provide years of problem-free use
- ✔ PERFECT FOR ALL OCCASIONS – Clean Steel can be used as a great replacement anywhere you might use plastic drinking cups or glasses – camping, backpacking, traveling, outdoor events, hiking, and more
- ✔ SET OF 5 STACKABLE PINT GLASSES – 5 tumblers with 16 oz of space ensures you have plenty of space for your drinks and can share with friends and family
- ✔ LIFETIME WARRANTY – You’re protected by a non-hassle free replacement guarantee
Insect Repellent Bracelets – Got to Review
- MADE WITH QUALITY MATERIAL. No liquids, No DEET, No Mess, No Fuss! Award Winning.
- NON-AEROSOL SPRAY TECHNOLOGY; with our efficient mosquito control, you’ll never have to spray your entire body to keep mosquitoes away! Just put the ArtNaturals mosquito repellent bracelet on, adjust it so the pest repeller fits your wrist snugly, and enjoy maximum protection, without inhaling fumes from mosquito repellent aerosols.
- UP TO 250 HOURS MOSQUITO CONTROL; each Bracelet lasts up to 250 hours of the Natural Repeller, which equal nearly 11 days! Stored in a reseal able Package to preserve effectiveness when not in use
- NEW – Re-sealable technology to elongate potency
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR PROTECTION; we patented this natural mosquito repellent bracelet with pest repellent plants that keep insects away both indoors and outdoors. Whether you’re going on a trip in the savanna or just living in an area with a huge mosquito population, these bracelets are the solution!
Huuman Natural Insect Repellent Bracelet and Clip with 2 Pellets
- Eco Friendly, DEET-Free Mosquito Repellant: Non-toxic, safe bug protection for infants, toddlers, kids, adults and the whole family. No harsh chemicals – will not cause allergic reaction.
- Natural & Effective Essential Oil Pest Control: Scientifically proven plant based ingredients including citronella, peppermint, lavender & geranium to effectively keep biting insects away.
- Adjustable & Comfortable: Fabric is soft on your skin & one size fits most men, women & babies easily on wrist or ankle. No sticky lotions, creams or sprays.
- Waterproof & Long lasting: Each waterproof repelling pellet wards off bugs for 15 days so you can enjoy long-lasting protection no matter where you are or what you are doing. Go ahead, jump in the water!
- Save Money with Refills: No need to buy the whole bracelet again. When pellet is done, just purchase a refill. Save when you buy 2 or more. Details below.
Aloe Vera Gel for Insect Bites – Got to Review
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Your satisfaction is what drives us to provide the highest quality all natural and organic health and beauty products on the market. If at any time you are not completely satisfied with your purchase feel free to return it to us for a full and prompt refund. Building relationships of trust with those committed to an organic and natural lifestyle is what we do. If at any time you have ideas about how we can do it better, we would love to hear from you.
- 100% ALOE VERA GEL, CERTIFIED ORGANIC, GROWN IN THE USA: ArtNaturals is proud to present nature’s remedy for the healing and restoration of dry, sun-damaged and irritated skin: our new 100% Pure and Natural Aloe Vera Gel. (For External Use Only) Aloe’s healing and regenerating properties are captured and delivered to you in the purest and most effective form in this All Natural Certified Organic Gel. We use the Barbadensis Miller variety of Aloe for its proven concentration of medicinal healing and vitamin rich content. Grown and harvested in South Texas and cold pressed with the latest techniques to unleash Vitamins A (beta-carotene), C and E, which are each powerful antioxidants. Our Aloe Vera gel also contains vitamin B12, folic acid, choline and free radicals. Together these vitamins combine to stimulate regeneration and restore damaged skin cells, while fighting bacteria and cleansing skin. Whether used for Sunburn, Dry Skin, or Rash, the organic makeup of our aloe insures that you are treating yourself to nature’s best, avoiding any harsh chemicals or compounds. Our aloe vera is backed with ArtNaturals 100% satisfaction guarantee. All gel contains the absolute minimum amount of natural preservatives, 0.25% potassium sorbate to avoid the need for refrigeration and allow ease of use anywhere. We also use Xanthan to insure that our gel coats your skin evenly and effectively without oily residue.
- RECOGNIZED FOR CENTURIES AS NATURE’S MIRACLE OINTMENT: Aloe has provided relief for Sunburn, Rash, Eczema, Dry Skin, and Burns throughout recorded history. From Ancient Egypt to the decks of Columbus’s ships, the healing and regenerating properties of aloe have been used to provide reprieve from the sun’s harmful effects and nature’s brutal elements. Spanning a wide variety of topical treatments, our aloe vera gel applies easily and evenly to the skin, absorbing quickly to rush relief where it is needed. Simply smooth over affected areas of the skin to instantly feel cooling comfort and experience aloe’s healing, soothing results. Aloe Vera can also be applied to sun-damaged and dry hair giving it a natural boost of moisture and beta-carotene, repairing split-ends and restoring natural shine. The cooling relief of aloe is a calming balm for insect bites and painful stings, scrapes and scratches, and can be used to treat blisters and worn chafed hands and feet. A must have for the beach, camping, boating, fishing, skiing or any outdoor activities. Experience instant relief from nature’s harsh elements, with ArtNaturals Aloe Vera Gel.
- ONLY THE FINEST ALL NATURAL INGREDIENTS: ArtNaturals is committed to the use of All Natural ingredients in all our products. Our Aloe Vera Gel is Organically Certified by the Texas Department of Agriculture and grown to exacting standards to be harvested for maximum medicinal needs. Unlike many other “Aloes” on the market which contain only trace amount of natural ingredients, our gel contains 100% Aloe Vera derived from the Barbadensis Miller variety. All our products are Paraben Free, Vegan Certified and Cruelty free. Proudly crafted with the highest standards of consumer ethics and transparency, all ingredients are clearly listed on our packaging and 100% accurate and truthful. ArtNaturals commitment to the whole of nature is at the heart of what we do, that is why are packaging is made with recycled materials.
- GROWN AND HARVESTED IN THE USA: Unlike many other venders, Art Naturals has a passion for our products and that passion is reflected in our relationship with the hard working men and women that grow and harvest our ingredients. Our commitment to all natural beauty starts with the 100% all natural aloe vera planted in Southern Texas and harvested with care to insure that what comes to you retains all of nature’s goodness. Knowing exactly where our ingredients come from enables us to ensure that each and every bottle of Aloe Vera Gel contains the same healing and soothing balance. We have eliminated any mysteries in sourcing, supply or questionable ingredients . All our products and can be brought to you with the confidence and pride that starts with an all natural seed and ends with the highest quality of organic healing and relief.
8 comments on “Camping Essentials You Need to Take”
Great tips! That tent is intense, it sounds amazing. How does that mosquito bracelet work? Is it scented? I can’t wait to start camping with our little ones. Maybe next year when our youngest is one. Though I’m worried that my three year old will wander out of the tent. Maybe we’ll start with a camper and work our way to a tent.
The mosquito bracelets work really well. They work so well the kids ask for them so that they can enjoy the outdoors longer here because by 4 pm our yard is filled with them. Now they can enjoy being outside longer. I don’t smell any scent on these. Zeva is three, and I would trust her to stay in a tent WITH US. Of course, any excuse to get a camper is a good one in my book. 😉
Thank you for stopping by and commenting. I hope to see you again soon.
I like the bug bracelets – I use them too, plus I have an all-natural bug spray that is made from lemon and eucalyptus, so I smell like a salad, but I’m horribly allergic to bug bites. That camping dining set is a lot fancier than the odds and ends that I use. It would be nice to have a matched set. Plus I like those stacking tumblers. I’ll bet the metal helps keep your drinks colder. And I like the chair with the pocket for your magazine – my problem is those things are a bugger to get out of, if you’re a bit um, hefty. I’d like one that’s just a bit taller. #SITSSharefest
I’m a bit hefty too so I can relate to your point of view concerning the chair. I love the Hammock even if I have to roll out of it because it’s so utterly comfortable and relaxing to be in despite my size.
There’s nothing wrong with odd and ends on a camping trip. I do like the idea of a matching set myself.
The metal cups really do keep your drinks at their starting temperature longer. (Beware if you put a hot drink in it,though!)
Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting. I hope to see you again soon.
We are planning to go on a camping vacation for the family , good thing that i came across this post and be cause i liked the tent. That insect repellent bracelets got me curious though, how do thy work?
The ingredients in them keep the mosquitoes away just by wearing them on your wrists or ankles. They have a very strong odor, but it’s well worth it to me.
My essential gear is a good light source, without it never step out. Thanks for sharing.
Well, I always like to advice that when camping, you should totally leave all gadgets aside from your phone at home. Especially when you go with kids, you are gonna want to make them appreciate the beauty of nature — which could be impossible when their eyes are glued to screens!
Also, bring healthy food. I did many researches about camping and experts advice insect repellent bracelets and good backpacks mostly .