When you’re living on a fixed income finding meals to eat that are fairly healthy and yet affordable isn’t always an easy thing to do. There are some products that I am very loyal the brands I like and it’s hard pressed to get me to change my mind on using them unless it’s to use a homemade version or something out of our garden. Today I’m sharing with you what we call our easy poor man chicken pot pie recipe. It’s SUPER easy to make (it has to be for me to make it.), which is great for a lazy person like myself!
The ingredients may cost you at max $11.00. If you use coupons you can get it even cheaper than that because there is always coupons available for Pillsbury products and Del-Monte’. If you aren’t into using coupons or want a great resource to teach you then I recommend checking out Southern Savers as a good place to start. Another great resource is The Krazy Coupon Lady.
This pie will feed you quite well. In our household, I have to make two pies to feed all five of us happily. (Zeva and I especially love this meal.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- First you put one of the pie crust in the pie pan.
- Then you drain the peas and carrots, the diced potatoes, and the chicken.
- Put all those ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Then you pour the Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup over mixture with the ½ (DO NOT add more than ½ can of water USING THE SOUP CAN.)
- Add salt and pepper to the mix.
- Then mix it up again.
- Add mixture to pie pan on
- Then add the other pie crust.
- Seal the sides together. Then take a fork to the edges.
- I like to put little notes in the pie crust, but sometimes depending on how long it's cooked you can't read them after it's cooked.
I’m not the worlds best cook, but this recipe is sure to be a hit in your home if you like pot pies.
What is your favorite easy meal to cook for your family?