In houses with kids, messes can accumulate and multiply before you even get a chance to clean up the first one! Between toys, clothes, food and general clutter, it’s not uncommon to feel overwhelmed when it comes to keeping up with household cleaning.
To make your clutter slightly more manageable, try implementing organizational tricks in some of your house’s messier rooms. Use the following ideas to get started, and feel free to share any other organizing tips for busy moms and tricks for quick and easy organization:
In the Kids’ Rooms
- Organize closets so that seasonal clothes are the easiest to reach, either toward the bottom or center. This will lower the likelihood that clothes end up thrown around or strewn on the floor.
- Hang up a cheap hammock or mesh net to hold piles of stuffed animals or decorative pillows that end up on the floor more often than the bed.
In the Family Room
- Use a decorative wicker basket to hold remotes so they don’t get lost in couch or chair cushions.
- A wall of bookshelves can double as decoration and storage. Use them to hold miscellaneous picture frames, figurines or anything that’s currently cluttering your tables and floor.
- Label bins to make it easy to pick up and organize toys at the end of playtime.
In the Kitchen:
- Place a Lazy Susan in the refrigerator to make it easy to reach those pesky items that always end up pushed to the back.
- Mount bulky pots and pans on the wall to save storage space in your cupboards.
- Hang cleaning supplies on a tension rod under your sink to clear up valuable storage space.
In the Bathroom:
- Stick a magnetic strip to the inside of your medicine cabinet to hold small metal tools such as tweezers, bobby pins and nail clippers.
- Use hooks, storage bins or decorative baskets to hold your towels. This will help prevent them from ending up all over the floor or thrown over the shower rod.
- Place a table skirt on a vanity sink to hide cleaning supplies and linens, and to add some decoration to your bathroom.
Author Bio: These tips were provided by Katie F. on behalf of Hefty®. For other simple tips and cleaning products like trash bags, visit www.hefty.com.