Most moms that work at home do not find it any easier to eat healthily, and this also includes planning meals for their families. Moms that work from home often find themselves snacking more frequently, and skipping important meals throughout the day. Unwelcome weight gain and even health problems are becoming more common in moms that work from home, but there are a few nutrition tips that help improve their general well-being.
Nutrition tips for moms that work from home
One of the most common problems with work at home moms is the easy accessibility of the kitchen, and refrigerator. Unlike most offices where snacks are either expensive or not available, a well-stocked pantry is only a few steps away. Snacking throughout the day will not only add unwanted calories, it will also cause you to miss important, nutritional supplements. Moms who simply cannot stop snacking may want to consider stocking up on fruits and vegetables. Not only will this help to reduce your caloric intake, but it can also add vital nutrients to you and your family’s diets.Know of some moms who can benefit from these tips, please Pin this image. Thank you.
Some of the other helpful nutrition tips for work at home moms include,
- Buying larger packages of lean meats and preparing it at one time not only saves time throughout the week, it also gives you several quick and nutritious meal options. The cooked meat can be used in sandwiches, soups, salads, or a delicious and healthy stir fry.
- It is almost impossible to not eat chips and other salty snacks, but you can limit your caloric intake. Instead of buying the less expensive family size bag, invest in the smaller, portion-controlled single serving bags. The higher price might limit the number you buy, and the controlled amount helps to limit your calories.
- The same rule about using smaller plates for your meals, also applies to moms who work at home. The smaller plates help to control the size of your portions and helps to ensure you get the nutrition you need, without overeating. Not only will this help to teach you self-control, but it can also set a good example for your family to ensure their good nutritional health.
- One of the benefits of working from home is that moms do have a little more time to consider health is eating alternatives. One of the quickest and easiest is to use seasoned broth, water, or spices instead of unhealthy oil and butter when you are cooking. Not only will this help to reduce calories, the additional spices might make it easier to convince your family that eating healthy is also delicious.
- Moms who work from home also deserve a reward for also running the house, and a fudge or pudding pop is low in calories. It is a delicious chilled dessert; many varieties are also fortified with vitamin D and other essential nutrients. Research has shown that one of these delicious treats has fewer calories than a small serving of ice cream, and it is also better for you.
- A quick and easy meal that all work at home moms love to make is pasta, and it can also be extremely nutritious. Using whole grain noodles lowers the calorie count and adds essential nutrients, and it is also more filling, so you tend to eat less. It is a delicious and nutritious meal to serve, and it also makes a great low-calorie lunch the next day.
- Even though you work from home you can still pack a bag of healthy snacks. Carrot sticks, cubed or string cheese, along with grapes and whole grain crackers can all be easily enjoyed in your home office. Not only will this keep you happily munching on healthy foods, you might find that you are getting more accomplished since you are not constantly getting up to go to the kitchen.
Plan shopping and meals ahead of time
The most important nutrition tip for work at home mom is to plan her shopping lists and meals ahead of time. Not only will this help save time and money on essential groceries, it will also make it easier to plan nutritious and delicious snacks and meals. Making a conscious effect purchase foods that are nutritious can not only help work at home moms maintain a healthy weight but can also improve their quality of life.
Eating healthy and working from home doesn’t have to be difficult, even with the constant temptation of the kitchen. By planning healthy tricks and enjoying nutritious snacks, work at home moms can stay fit and active. Working from home doesn’t mean that it will be difficult to stay healthy as long as you follow these nutritional tips and remember to include time to exercise.
Resource link for the article:
Kelly Everson is an American author and having MA in English literature. After spending time as a writer in some of the Health Industries best websites, she now works as an independent researcher and contributor to health information related web site like Consumer Health Digest. In her spare time, she does research work regarding Beauty and Women Health, Fitness, and overall health issues, which acts as a fuel to her passion for writing. When she is not researching or writing, you can find Kelly staying active, whether it be practicing yoga or taking swimming classes. Connect with her on Facebook and Twitter.