I participated in this event on behalf of Wendy’s Bloggers for Idahoan Foods. I received Idahoan products to facilitate my review.
I am not a cook by any means, but I do love trying new recipes from time to time. Del loves mashed potatoes. He prefers my homemade ones, but there are plenty of times when I don’t have the time to make them. Instant potatoes have become an important item to have in this house. When I was given the chance to review five varieties of Idahoan Flavored Mashed potatoes I was thrilled.
About Idahoan Potatoes
Idahoan potatoes are made from potatoes that are grown in Eastern Idaho using a “proprietary one-pass process” to dehydrate them. They come in flavors ranging from original mashed potatoes to Bacon Cheddar Chipotle. You can make them in as little as 4 minutes.
I’ll share a little secret. I have NEVER learned how to make instant mashed potatoes UNTIL these Idahoan Flavored Mashed Potatoes came in the house. These instant potatoes were easy to make. Boy do they taste good!
Del enjoyed the Buttery Homestyle flavor, although he said they needed more butter to make them smoother in texture.
The kids and I gobbled up the Loaded Baked Potato flavor. That became our favorite side dish with our meat meals. It’s certainly a lot quicker and cheaper than actually making loaded baked potatoes from scratch.
Garlic French Bread Recipe
I was selected to review the Idahoan Flavored Mashed Potatoes, I was asked to prepare an Idahoan recipe of my choice from its huge recipe database on its website. I choose the simplest one I could find.That way I knew chances were high that would turn out well.
- French Bread
- Idahoan Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- [url href=”https://www.tidbitsofexperience.com/?attachment_id=10142″][img src=”https://www.tidbitsofexperience.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Idahoan-Garlic-French-Bread-Recipe.jpg” width=”700″ height=”312″ class=”aligncenter size-full” title=”Garlic French Bread Recipe and Idahoan Package Giveaway”][/url]
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Melt butter and mix it with Idahoan Garlic Mashed Potatoes UNCOOKED
- Then spread it across the bread.
- [url href=”https://www.tidbitsofexperience.com/?attachment_id=10141″][img src=”https://www.tidbitsofexperience.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Before-Oven-Idahoan-Garlic-Bread-Recipe.jpg” width=”700″ height=”393″ class=”aligncenter size-full” title=”Garlic French Bread Recipe and Idahoan Package Giveaway” alt=”Garlic French Bread Recipe and Idahoan Package Giveaway”][/url]
- Cook in oven for 15-20 minutes.
As you can tell, it’s really simple to make. The kids and I gobbled it up with our Stouffer’s® Lasagna we made. It made for an easy delicious meal. The kids did state that the Garlic French Bread tasted like pizza. I thought it gave it a bit of a crunchy taste with just the right amount of garlic to it.
Win Your Idahoan Package Kit
One lucky will receive an Idahoan package complete with:
- 4 pouches Idahoan Buttery Homestyle
- 4 pouches Idahoan Four Cheese
- 4 pouches Idahoan Loaded Baked
- 4 pouches Idahoan Baby Reds
- 4 pouches Idahoan Roasted Garlic
- 1 deck custom Idahoan playing cards
- 1 Idahoan branded premium soup bowl/cup
In order to win a winner must fill out the complete Giveaway Tool completely in order to win. This giveaway is open from December 12, 2014 until December 26, 2014. One winner per household, email address, or home address. If you have won this prize on another blog you are ineligible to win again. Winners must have a U.S. resident 18+-based address to receive their prize. The winner will be notified via email from [email protected] . The winner must respond to winning email with required information within 48 hours to be eligible to win. The sponsor will determine final winner. The sponsor is responsible for the prize reaching the winner.
Gain More Information About Idahoan Potatoes