The holidays are coming up soon, and I wanted to share some of my favorite selections with you that can be used for gifts or to be added to your own library shelf. I have some great books for Christian couples to share with you today, and hope you find these recommendations useful.
I have 7 years experience as a bookseller, so many of the suggestions I am sharing with you are customer favorites. Many I have read for myself or have been recommended by our pastor. In any case, I am sure you can find something for every occasion.
Fiction Books For Christian Couples:
- Fireproof . This has been one of the most powerful Christian books I have every read. Personally, I think every engaged couple should read it. Technically you could probably classify Fireproof as a Christian Living book because it is based on true-life events. But I found that most men are willing to read it when it is labeled fiction, even though they know perfectly well it is real life.
- The Yada Yada Prayer Group series. Any of them. They are real, actually I think they should not be fiction, that’s how real they are. I have them all in paperback, but now have downloaded them to my e-reader, too.
Devotional Books For Christian Couples:
- 15-Minute Devotions for Couples . This is an older book by Bob and Emilie Barnes, but it is truly a great read.
- Devotions For A Sacred Marriage. While I haven’t read this one myself, it is a popular book that customers are asking to purchase.
- Couples Devotional Bible. This book has been ordered to give as a gift for many customers. Simple and sweet, it is sure to bring couples together.
Marriage Books For Christian Couples:
- A Couple After God’s Own Heart. I have been a long-time reader of Elizabeth George, so it was nice to see her husband’s point of view. And how well they blended together.
- Marriage Matters. Practical matters discussed in a practical manner.
- The 4 Seasons Of Marriage. I love Gary Chapman’s books, so I was looking forward to reading this one. Glad to say I wasn’t disappointed. It is very real, as always.
- Sheet Music. While no one wants to speak about this in public, this is one book that should be at the top of your list. Intimate relations with your spouse should always be a priority.
- Boundaries In Marriage. An extremely popular author does it again with this book. Raw and real, it is another must-read.
- Love & Respect. In the past week alone, our store has sold over 12 copies. I have it on my “must read list” for during the holiday season. In fact, Crystal has singed Love and Respect’s praises many times over on her blog too.
- Crystal also shares one of her must-read favorites: For Women Only.
As you can see, this is just a small sampling of the books that are available today for Christian couples. I highlighted these titles because I truly believe that they will make great gifts for couples in all stages of marriage.
What books for Christian couples would make your gift list?
*Disclaimer:While I am an employee of Barnes & Noble, I receive absolutely nothing monetary or otherwise for mentioning them. They are strictly personal preferences.
18 comments on “Great Books For Christian Couples”
I always loved the book Hedges, Loving Your Marriage Enough To Protect It, and the 5 Love Languages
The 5 Love Languages is a great book. I have never heard of Loving Your Marriage Enough To Protect It, so I am definitely going to add that to my list of books to check out!
Have you read “The 5 Love Languages” and “The Love Dare” ? Those two were very powerful for me.
Thank you for the list. I will save this list!
Yes, I read both of those, too! So glad that you stopped in and that you loved the post. I love talking books!
I have to say those are my two favorite books. She may not have added those because I’ve covered my reviews of them on my blog several times. 🙂
Thanks for the suggestions! I will be picking some up for my son and his soon-to-be wife!
Hi Cindy! So glad that you enjoyed the list. I hope they enjoy the books as much as I enjoyed sharing them!
I’m always looking for great reads -love this easy reference list–thanks!
Thanks Mitzi! I love talking about books, and this was a great topic!
Perfect selection of books! I love to read books with my Hubs to strengthen our relationship and keep the communication alive. I love that some of these I have not heard of before and are now on my must read list. Thanks for sharing your heart at the Saturday Soiree Blog Party! I am a new follower of yours!
So glad you liked them! I had fun sharing them!
Thanks for the great list of books, Jennifer. I have many of these books; now I need to get to reading! There is no excuse when we have been given so much!
Have fun reading Tammy!
Thanks for the list. Some of the titles in the comments look good too, especially the one about protecting your marriage. I’d heard of that but never read it yet,and may just add it to my marriage book marathon this year.
You see, this is our 25th anniversary year and I’ve been reading marriage books. The latest one is The Marriage You\’ve Always Wanted by Chapman (he’s the 5 love languages guy) and I reviewed it on my blog.
Shaunti Feldhahn has come out with two wonderful ones this year (Surprising Secrets of Highly Happy Marriages and The Good News about Marriage) and I compared them to Chapman’s book in the review article mentioned above.
Wow 25 years, congratulations! We celebrated 17 years in May. I will definitely check out the two books you suggested! Thanks for stopping by!
What a great idea to start giving ideas for Christmas! Thanks for sharing this at Booknificent Thursday on Mommynificent.com!
I am so glad that you liked the suggestions. I really enjoyed sharing them with Crystal’s readers.